What are your favorite camp recipes? Whether you love to cook or not, meals while vacation in your new or used RV from AC Nelsen RV World can present their own dilemmas. At the end of a long day of fun and adventure, sometimes the last thing anyone wants is to be in charge of meal prep, or deal with picky eaters. But not to worry – one of our favorite camp recipes is for Mexican Corn. It’s a total crowd pleaser, and is super easy to prepare! Throw it on the grill the night you plan on having burgers and hot dogs. Here’s how to make it!
- Small bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons (or you can just wing it!)
- Citrus zester
- Pastry brush
- 6 to 8 medium sized ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, from one lime
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, from one lime
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
Note: keep dried versions of the cilantro, garlic, and lime zest on hand in your pantry or pre-mix them before leaving home and keep seasoning in a food storage container.
- Fire up the grill!
- Make the sauce: whisk together the sour cream, mayo, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and lime juice, adding salt to taste. Set the sauce aside.
- Throw the corn on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until the kernels start darkening and charring. Turn over and repeat until all sides are brown. Remove from grill and place on a plate.
- Coat each ear of corn with the creamy mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional chipotle pepper and cilantro to taste. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know how it turned out! Mexican Corn is a fabulous side dish to make using outdoor kitchens that many brand new RVs in our inventory feature, so you can enjoy the beautiful weather while supper’s on the grill. Contact us today to learn more.